WordPress, created in 2003, has become the most popular content management system on the Internet with over 1 million actual users and influencing tens of millions. Many programmers, both amateur and professional, have augmented the power and usability of WordPress by creating plugins that enhance the user experience and make it easier on the blog or site owner to create and manage content.
Adding a WordPress plugin is easy and can yield great benefits. Plugins are unique in that they can be a great solution to a problem you’ve been actively trying to solve, or a “Why didn’t I think of that” tool to improve your website or blog without any programming knowledge necessary. Consider how you or your business could employ one of the 10 great WordPress plugins below:
1. WP Super Cache: A very fast caching engine for WordPress that produces static html files. WP Super Cache is a static caching plugin for WordPress that generates html files which are served directly by Apache without processing comparatively heavy PHP scripts. After an html file is generated your web server will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts. By using this plugin you will speed up your WordPress site significantly.
2. Site Reviews Plugin: With Site Reviews, you’ll be able to add a rating element to your site which allows visitors to rank anything from new products to poetry. You can even upload thumbnail images of what’s being rated; use a star ranking system, and pin your best reviews to the top so they always show up first. Through plugin settings, you’re able to export and import reviews using a *.json file. Best of all, the plugin supports the Block Editor.
3. AMP for WP: AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages automatically adds Accelerated Mobile Pages (Google AMP Project) functionality to your WordPress site. AMP makes your website faster for mobile visitors. Astoundingly, about 78% of Americans access the web on their mobile devices and Amerian adults spend about 203 minutes on their phones daily. This plugin offers compatibility with many third-party tools, including Gutenberg builder, Divi, Revolution Slider, WooCommerces, many popular contact form builders, and it’s GDPR compliant.
4. WP Auctions: If it’s auctions you’re looking for, this plugin can help. WP Auctions allows you to set up an auction directly onto your website or blog. Privatize your auctions to allow only trusted bidders, set a reserve price, or create a “buy it now” feature. PHP Bay Pro also integrates existing EBay auction ads into WordPress.
5. Google XML: Just because your site has excellent video doesn’t mean it’s getting you more traffic. Google XMLmakes sure your video content is recognized and indexed by both Google and other search engines.
7. Simple Press: Do you want more feedback and greater discussion generated on your site or blog? Add a forum to your site quickly and easily using Simple:Press. You can choose the forum’s color and style, grant rankings for users, and even link your forum topics to blog posts.
8. Custom Twitter Feeds: This awesome plugin will let you display a completely customizable Twitter feed on your website. It is responsive, mobile optimized and search engine crawlable. It automatically inherits your theme’s styles. You can even display multiple feeds from different Twitter users on any page or in a widget.
9. Google Maps Widget: This practical plugin allows you to embed Google maps on any page, post or custom post type as a thumbnail or in a pretty lightbox. It has a ton of options for customization so that the maps match the style of your website perfectly. And if you use Gutenberg builder, they offer a compatible version of this plugin for you.
10. Gravity Forms: Another super-practical plugin, Gravity Forms creates contact forms, order forms, contest forms, etc., all with your choice of template-based forms that are available for immediate use or completely customizable forms and fields. You can set a limit on the number of contest entries or the length of time certain forms should appear on your site.
MailPoet: Create beautiful, informative newsletters and emails without leaving WP admin with MailPoet plugin. Collect subscribers with signup forms, automate your emails for WooCommerce, blog post notifications and more.
These WordPress Plugins are a great start to exploring the over 29,000 plugins that have been created for WordPress. You can find over 350 of Free plugins on wordpress.org. Enjoy!